What are your hours?
- Monday through Thursday 5 am – 8 pm
- Friday 5 am – 7 pm
- Saturday 8 am – 4 pm (Pools 8:15 am – Noon)
- Sunday 1 – 5 pm (Pools 1:15-4:15)
Do I have to wear a mask?
- As a reminder, we require you to wear a mask into the building and throughout the Y. You may remove your mask only when you are actively engaged in exercise including in the Wellness Center and in exercise classes. At all other times that you’re in the Y a mask is required.
- Another key element in preventing spread of COVID (and the flu) is to remain at least 6 feet from others. We’ve spaced our equipment and marked spots in Group Exercise classes, but each person must be responsible to maintain this distance from others.
Will the Locker Rooms & Restrooms be open?
- Rental lockers are now available for $5.00 a month.
- The lobby restrooms are open, but limited to one person at a time.
Are Showers Open?
- Showers are open 5:00am – 2:00pm Monday through Friday
- Click here to read shower details
What is included in the Wellness Center? Will the track and upstairs fitness equipment be available?
- The Wellness Center is the large room in the front of the building with all the exercise equipment.
- The upstairs Family Wellness Center has equipment and track in the Family Wellness area and is open to members.
- The upstairs track is open to members.
Will Child Watch be available?
- Child Watch is open 4 days a week and reservations are required.
- To register online:
Go to https://groupexpro.com/schedule/873/?view=responsive or call 740-725-9622 and
Member Service Center can make your reservation for you.
- One reservation per child
- If you call in, please give the member service center the name of the child you are registering.
- Members will be charged $3.00 if registered and do not show more than 2 times in a three month period. If you can’t make it for your reservation, we ask that you cancel on line or call the Y at least 2 hours prior to the day and time.
- Must sign the Child Watch waiver before your first visit. This link is valid until September 30. After that, you can go to our account, register for programs and click agreements and waivers.
What should I bring with me to the Y?
- Workout towel for sweat and a filled bottle of water. We will not be able to store belongings at the Service Center and our lockers are only available if you rent one for $5.00 a month.
- Have your membership card or phone with the Marion Family YMCA app ready to scan in.
Will you be checking temperatures before entering the Y?
- Members will not be required to have their temperature taken upon entry to the Y, however, there will be a signage for self-screening in foyer & lobby.
- Self-screening is based on CDC symptoms, exposure to someone with COVID and travel.
Check-in and Check-out process
- Scanning in will be almost the same as before. First though, we added a hand sanitizer station as you come in the building.
- Have your membership card ready or phone open to our Marion Family YMCA app so that you can quickly scan in.
- You will check out through the wellness center or the lobby area.
How can I check in using my phone?
- Download our mobile app by searching the App Store or Google Play for Marion Family YMCA. Our app recently changed, so if you have one already, we recommend you delete it and download the new app.
- Within the app you can enter your membership card barcode number. If you lost your card, call us 740-725-9622 and we can look it up for you.
May I Bring a guest with me?
- No, we’re reopening as members only and Nationwide visitors.
Are there capacity limits in place?
- Following guidelines from the Governor, we will have reduced capacity based on ability to maintain 6 feet radius around every individual.
- We’ve added a “check out” step for our members that will help us keep track of the number of people in the building at any one time.
I love the Y’s free lobby coffee. Will that be available?
- We’ve discontinued coffee for the immediate future.
- We’ve removed all social space. This breaks our heart as this is the best part of the Y, but it’s necessary for everyone’s health
How will social distancing be enforced?
- Signs are posted throughout the facility regarding social distancing.
- We’re asking all our members to stay at least six feet away from others.
- If members are too close to each other or in groups, staff will ask them to separate.
What is our cleaning protocol?
- Members are asked to use the supplied disinfectant before and after they use each piece of exercise equipment. This disinfectant has a 5 minute “contact time”. Members are welcome to apply & keep saturated for 5 minutes, but we know this isn’t always possible. We recommend spraying the equipment & wiping it down before use. This cleaning process helps to remove contaminants. After use, spray your towel then wipe the equipment. This process applies the disinfectant to the equipment.
- Staff members in the Wellness Center will disinfect equipment as it’s open and available. You may be asked to wait a couple of minutes while a piece is disinfected.
- Staff will be cleaning restrooms, locker room restroom area and other high touch surface areas every two hours.
- We’re closing Monday through Friday 2:15-3:30 pm for cleaning.
- We have an experienced janitorial crew to clean & disinfect overnight.
How do I know it’s safe to come back?
- We are doing everything possible to keep our Ys safe and clean, but only you can make the decision for what is right for you. Whenever any of us goes out and about, we’re assuming the risk of contracting COVID-19. That’s true when you visit the Y.
- We’re frequently cleaning high contact surfaces; asking members to wipe down equipment before and after each use; staff are required to wear face masks and hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the Y.
- We are also enforcing social distancing of at least 6 feet between people.
When will other areas of the Y open?
- Current areas open at the Y
- Pickle Ball: members must bring in their own equipment such as balls and paddles
- Open Gym: members must bring in their own basketball and no pick basketball games
Shooting Hoops Only.
- Family Wellness Center & Track
- Group Exercise classes by reservation (limited number of classes): members must bring their own floor mat.
- Virtual Group Exercise Classes for members and members on hold
- 8 lane pool will open for lap swim during limited hours by reservations
- Adult water exercise by reservation
- Family Swim by reservation
Will children 9 years old, still be able to come to the Y without an adult?
- New age policy is:
- Children must be 11 to be in the building alone without a parent /adult
- Children ages 9 & 10 must have a parent/adult in the building, but the adult doesn’t have to be with the child. For example, you can be in a Group X class while your child enjoys Open Gym time.
- Children 8 & younger must be participating in a Y program or directly supervised by a parent/adult. For example, if your child is shooting baskets in the gym, you must be there too.
- Youth Memberships are now only sold to children ages 11 & older. If you have a child who is 9 or 10 and has their own Youth Membership, that’s great. They can continue with that membership. However, they won’t be able to use the Y without an adult in the building with them.
- Children under age 11 may have a Youth Membership in they are participating on the Y’s Swim Team (when it resumes in the fall).
- New age policy is:
Is Lost and Found still available?
- Currently, there will be no lost or find .
Can I resume with personal training that I had already purchased?
- Personal training can now resume. If you have purchased personal training sessions, your sessions are still on your account contact Heather Wright at email@example.com to set up your sessions.
I want to come back but I can no longer afford my membership rate, what can I do?
- As a non-profit charitable organization, the YMCA offers scholarship assistance to individuals and families experiencing financial hardship. Applications for scholarship assistance are available at our Y or you can click here.
What is the exact wording of the self-screening you are asking for members before we enter the building?
By entering and checking into this building you are attesting that you (and any minor children with you) can answer NO to all of these questions:
1.Do you live with anyone or have you had close contact (prolonged or coughed on, for example) with anyone
who has been diagnosed or diagnosed as likely with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Do you have of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell? (CDC.gov 5.17.2020)
- Do you have any other signs of communicable illness such as a cold, flu, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you or a member of your household traveled out of state in the last 14 days?
If you can answer YES to any of the above questions, you may not enter the building.