Supporting Marion’s youth
You may be able to have a FREE Y MEMBERSHIP!
Join the Y and hang with your friends this summer and next school year!
Membership period is June 3, 2019 – August 31, 2020.
Registration continues through April 30, 2020
This pilot initiative gives all Marion youth Marion county residents or enrolled in a Marion public school district) entering / in 6th grade induring the 2019-2020 school year the opportunity for a free membership to the Y.
Included in your membership in August 22-August 30 (subject to change):
•Lunch Tues., Thurs. & Fri. served at about 12:15 pm (time is subject to change)
•Zumba Exercise Class Tuesday & Thursday 6:45-7:30 pm
•Grooves Exercise Class Tues. & Thurs. 5:55-6:40 pm & Sat. 10-11 am
•Barre Blend Exercise Class Monday 4:45-5:30 pm
•Dance Fusion Exercise Class Wednesday 5:30-6:15 pm
Requirements for the free membership include:
• Must be in 6th Grade for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Must be registered in person at the Y by a parent / legal guardian.
• Child and a parent / guardian must attend an orientation session within 30 days of enrolling child as a 6th Grade Member.
• Child must attend at least two “6G” designated activities / programs each month. This will help our staff to get know your child and develop relationships as positive adult role models.
• Transportation help may be available for those who live within the Marion Area Transit (MAT) service area. Through a grant, the Y is able to provide a limited number of MAT passes for 6th graders to get to and from the Y.
Other free 6G designated activities for 6th Grade members include specifically designated Group Exercise classes each month. These will be designated on the Group Exercise schedule with “6G” and participation counts towards two activities per month requirement.
All other youth programs; including Leaders in Training Camp, Youth Strength Training, Martial Arts, Youth Sports, and Swim Team require advanced registration and additional fees. These programs also count towards your child’s two activities per month.
There is no cash value to this free membership.
There is no discount for Household Memberships with a 6th grade child.
The Y reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time and / or to revoke membership privileges for any child who doesn’t continue to meet the program requirements.
For more information contact Monica Addy at firstname.lastname@example.org