The Y is here to help you and your family to become healthier spiritually, mentally and physically. There is no better way to spend time with yourfamily.
FAMILY WELLNESS CENTER: AGES 9 AND OLDER
The Family Wellness Center is located on the second floor just inside the track. It includes a complete set of STRIVE strength training equipment that is designed for children, small adults and those new to exercise. It’s a great place to work out as a family.
• Children ages 9-13 must complete an Iron Kids Orientation prior to using.
A family wellness coach will be on duty during peak times to complete orientations and assist members. Walk-in orientations may be available, but we strongly recommend that members make an appointment for an Iron Kids orientation at the Service Center in advance.
FREE Child Watch for all Household Memberships
The drop-in service is available for a maximum of 2 hours per day for children ages 3 months through 8 years old while their parents participate in on-site Y programs or activities. Other members or guest, the cost for one child is $3.00. Punch cards – 10 visits for $25.00
Service fee is payable at the front desk at the time of service. When the fee is paid, please pick up a pass to enter the Child Watch room.
*No refunds or credits for any Child Watch Fees
Hours (Subject to Change)
CHILD WATCH HOURS
Monday – Friday: 9am – 1:15pm
Monday – Thursday: 4:15pm – 8:15pm
Friday: 4:15pm – 7:00pm
9am – Noon
1pm – 4pm
For young children our Kid’s Gym is open all year long. The Kid’s Gym is a soft-play area for children age 8 and under while supervised by a parent. Kids Gym gives kids 18 months to 8 years a place to run, play, explore and socialize.
NOTE: Kid’s Gym is subject to close due to youth programs
Children must be supervised by a responsible person age 18 and older.
Free for Members, paying guests or if you have a complimentary pass.
MARION FAMILY YMCA
School Age Child Care at the Y 2019-2020 School Year
Helping elementary school age children reach their potential through fun, achievement and belonging during before and after school hours. Program Age: State licensed before and after school child care for boys & girls in grades K through 5.
Program Dates & Times: August 19 through May 29 when Marion City Schools and Pleasant Local Schools are in session.
• Before school care: 6:45 am until school bus picks up at the Y. MCS will pick up for George Washington & Benjamin Harrison. Pleasant also picks up.
• After school care: Arrival at Y by MCS bus from George Washington & Benjamin Harrison or from Pleasant by Pleasant bus until 6:00 pm.
• The Y provides separate programs on most school vacation days and snow days. The calendar / information for these days will be available in June, 2019. Transportation
• Benjamin Harrison (BH) and George Washington (GW) students: transportation from the Y to BH / GW and from BH / GW to the Y is provided by Marion City Schools. Transportation to & from BH / GW is available for students in grades K through 5 only. Parents should inform the school that their child is attending Y School Age Child Care (SACC).
• Pleasant students: The Y building is in the Pleasant School District; parents in Pleasant need to complete a babysitting form in their school office indicating the Y as their pick up / drop off location.
• Other Schools: Program is open to children grades K through 5 in other schools. Parent is responsible for arranging transportation from the Y to school and from school to the Y. Full Time Fees: One Time Nonrefundable Registration Fee: $30 per child
• Before School only: $28 per week for Y Members; $33 for Program Participants
• After School only: $55 per week for Y Members; $61 for Program Participants
• Both Before & After School: $76 per week for Y Members; $86 for Program Participants
• Fees will be pre-adjusted for weeks with less than five scheduled days; all fees are full time with no adjustment for attendance or part-time; fees must be paid the Friday in advance through automatic draft. If opt out of automatic draft, there is an additional $5 fee per child per week. Part Time Fees: One Time Nonrefundable Registration Fee: $30 per child
• Part Time is up to three days per week. Parents must notify staff by the Thursday prior of each week as which days your child is attending; fees must be paid Friday in advance through automatic draft. If opt out of automatic draft, there is an additional $5 fee per child per week. PT fees aren’t adjusted for attendance.
• Part Time Before School only: $21 per week for Y Members; $25 for Program Participants
• Part Time After School only: $41 per week for Y Members; $46 for Program Participants
• Part Time Both Before & After School: $57 per week for Y Members; $65 for Program Participants Financial assistance is available for households that demonstrate financial need through the Y’s Membership Discount program. Contact the Y or visit our website marionymca.org.
Registration: Registration is open. Register in person at the Y or online at marionymca.org/register. After initial registration, parents will need to complete all State Licensing enrollment and medical paperwork prior to your child’s first day at the program. The Y will email parents a link to download files.
More Information: Contact Nicole Brown at 740-725-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org at the YMCA.
Required forms to fill out:
SCHOOL DAYS OUT
Program Participant $20.00
Bring your lunch and snack
Ages 5 – 12
The YMCA is the place to be when school is out. Swimming, crafts, games, nutrition, and character development are just a few activities that will be offered each day. Children will need to bring a swimsuit, wear comfortable shoes, and be ready for an educational and fun filled day.
March 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27
Must register 2 business days in advance; $10 per day if register after deadline.
- Y Youth Members: $10.00 per day
- $10 fee for “No Show”
- Y members late registration: $10 per day
- Non-Members: $20.00 per day
Household Member: $5.00
Program Participant: $20.00
MARION MENTORS PROGRAM (MM)
The Marion Mentors Program is an organization powered by the collaborative efforts of the Marion Family YMCA, the Marion City Schools, and Nucor Steel. The purpose of the organization is to support the development of one-to-one relationships between a volunteer adult role model and a student. This unique relationship provides support and encouragement, and can help a young person develop the academic, social, personal, and leadership skills to foster success in their future. The MM Program is an effective way to improve the student’s self-esteem, expand their vision of opportunities, and reinforce the Leader In Me concepts presented to every student in the Marion City Schools.
MM21 is currently recruiting adult Mentors. Apply online at www.marionmentors.org.
BOOK YOUR SPECIAL OCCASION WITH US
Don’t have enough time to plan a great party for your child? Don’t want to have to worry about a mess? Your birthday boy or girl can play in the pool and gym with their friends and family. Party also includes room set up with table and chairs to open gifts and eat.
Note: Children who are not members must have a parent complete our guest participation form
A Birthday Party is easy to schedule
Birthday party is based on 16 people. More than 16 people is an additional $5 per person. MAX 20
BASIC PARTY ( Total 2 hours) any age
Birthday party includes:
- 1 hour of swimming, gym time or Kids Gym
(ages 18 months to 8 years only in kids gym)
- 1 hour in the party room
You may bring in:
- Cake, pizza, or other party food and drinks
Parties must be booked two weeks prior to the party date.
*Specific pool (8-lane or small pool) use is dependent upon availability of a specific pool at the time and/or day of the party.
Call the YMCA at 740-725-9622 to see if your date is available and then stop in to book your party!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I reserve my date? Stop into the Y and book and pay for your room.
May I get into the party room to set up prior to the party? Basic set up ( tables, chairs) will be handled by the Y. You may set up anything else 30 minutes prior to the start of your party. No tape, staples, or tacks may be used on the ceiling, walls, or floor.
May I bring in my own pool toys? No outside
Inflatables, noodles, or pool toys are permitted.
After the party, what am I responsible for?
The YMCA staff will clean off the tables and chairs. You are responsible for cleaning up the party area (all trash in trash bins, no decorations left behind) within 15 minutes after the party ends, or will billed $25 cleaning fee.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
Requests to reschedule must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
What if the YMCA needs to cancel the event?
Cancellations due to unforeseen events, such as inclement weather, will be rescheduled. If a date can not be agreed upon, the YMCA will refund all payments made by the renter. Please note the YMCA will close the pool during lightning/thunderstorms. It will reopen 20 minutes after last thunder/lightning occurrence.
Note: The use of the facility is ONLY for 2 hours of rental. After the party ends, only Marion Family Y members may remain in the building.
Contact Nicole Brown at email@example.com for Birthday Party questions
We also can host bridal and baby showers, after-prom parties, youth after-hours events and lock-ins, baptisms and more!
Please contact Heather Wright with questions regarding renting the YMCA for other events.
740-725-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org