When you join the Y, you belong to a community of men, women and children who strive every day to be healthy, confident and connected.
The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to learn, grow and thrive. With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in your community, too.
Benefits of Membership
When you join the Marion Family YMCA, you’ll receive the following benefits and much more.
- Building Hours: Open 100 hours a week for your convenience.
- State of the Art Fitness Center
- Two Full Size Basketball Courts
- Marion’s only Indoor Track
- Marion’s only Indoor Aquatic Center with two pools
- All Adult Group Exercise classes held on land including yoga, cycling, etc. included in membership.
- FREE Child Watch for Household Members
- Nationwide Membership Program: Utilize a Y while traveling, near a workplace, or in another region at no extra charge.
- Free Swim Classes: When your child turns 3 and 6, he/she will receive a free swim class.
- ActivTrax: Our web-based training and nutrition program is included in the price of your membership and makes each visit to the Y fun, interactive and challenging. ActivTrax provides customized workouts and meal plans to help your family meet its weight loss and nutrition goals.
- Pick a Perk: Receive a postcard twice a year with a option to receive more guest passes, $10.00 off personal training session,or a discounted class.
Become A Member Today
Are you ready to become a member of the Marion Family YMCA? If so, there are two options for you.
Apply in Person
To apply in person, stop by the Marion Family YMCA today.
If you want to get started now and skip the possible wait at the Y, you can join right now online. To join online, you must:
- be 18 years old or older;
- understand that when paying through monthly automatic payments, the Y will add $1 per month draft fee to the stated membership fee (click here for our complete EFT Agreement).
To join online, read the Marion Family YMCA Release and Waiver of Liability, Indemnity and code of Conduct Agreement, The ParQ Form and the EFT agreement listed below. (All three are listed below). Submitting your name , phone number and email below, acknowledges your agreement to the Waiver, ParQ and EFT forms. You will then be forwarded on to our online registration process hosted by Daxko.com.
Marion Family YMCA Release and Waiver of Liability, Indemnity and Code of Conduct Agreement
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to utilize the facilities, services and programs of the YMCA for any purpose, including, but not limited to observation or use of facilities or equipment, or participation in any off-site program affiliated with the YMCA, the undersigned, for himself or herself and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents that he or she has, or immediately upon entering or participating will, inspect and carefully consider such premises and facilities or the affiliated program. It is further warranted that such entry into the YMCA for observation or use of any facilities or equipment or participation in such affiliated program constitutes an acknowledgement that such premises and all facilities and equipment thereon and such affiliated program have been inspected and carefully considered and that the undersigned finds and accepts same as being safe and reasonably suited for the purpose of such observation, use or participation. IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO ENTER THE YMCA FOR ANY PURPOSE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO OBSERVATION OR USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OFF-SITE PROGRAM AFFILIATED WITH THE YMCA. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
- THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND CONVENANTS NOT TO SUE the YMCA, its directors, officers, employees, and agents (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”’) from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise while the undersigned is in, upon, or about the premises or any facilities or equipment therein or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA.
- THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned in, upon or about the YMCA premises or in any way observing or using any facilities or equipment of the YMCA or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
- THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to negligence of releasee or otherwise while in, about or upon the premises of the YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment thereon or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA.THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Ohio and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
- We/I give our/my consent to be photographed, videotaped and/or filmed while participating in any “Y” activity and or program for the resulting, photos, etc. to be used by the “Y” activity and/or program under the above mentioned conditions.
- In consideration for being allowed to participate in exercise programs and activities of the Marion Family YMCA, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES to assume the risk of such exercise and inherent dangers from exercise and use of the equipment. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES to release the Marion Family YMCA and its staff members from any and all claims, suits, losses, or related causes of action for damages related to my, or my child’s, exercise program and hold them harmless from anything arising there from. It is highly recommended you check with your Dr. before starting any exercise program.
Termination Of Members – Issues to Be Aware Of
- There is a basic right that individuals have to associate with groups. But as long as it does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion or ethnicity, the YMCA is not a government body so it has certain rights to limit members.
- If a member does one of the following, then he/she may be terminated as a member:
- Appears to be taking actions or doing things that are contrary to the Y’s mission, would be contrary to the Y’s Mission, or
- Appears to be involved in criminal acts or,
- Is acting in ways that disrupts the YMCA’s operations,
- The Marion Family YMCA checks sex offender lists, and persons we’re aware of as being on such lists are not allowed to be members or guests.
You can download a copy of this agreement by clicking here.
PAR-Q & You
Regular physical activity is fun and healthy, and increasingly more people are starting to become more active every day. Being more active is very safe for most people. However, some people should check with their doctor before they start becoming much more physically active.
If you are planning to become much more physically active than you are now, start by answering the seven questions in the document attached. If you are between the ages of 14 and 69, the PAR-Q will tell you if you should check with your doctor before you start. If you are over 69 years of age, and you are not used to being very active, check with your doctor.
Common sense is your best guide when you answer these questions. Please click here to download the form, read the questions carefully, and answer each one honestly.
Informed Consent Agreement
You are urged to attend a Wellness Coaching session at the Marion Family YMCA before using any equipment or beginning any exercise. I have read the PAR-Q self assessment, for myself, my child, or anyone 14 or older on my membership. I understand that I am responsible for deciding whether or not to consult with my physician to determine any health risks associated with my child’s, or anyone 14 or older on my membership, exercising.
I understand that the exercise will place an increasing workload on my, or my child’s cardiorespiratory and musculoskeletal systems and there is a risk of physical changes during or following my exercise. I understand that failure to use equipment or exercise properly may result in injury, illness, or medical problems including but not limited to fractured or broken bones, strained or torn muscles, tendons, or ligaments, dizziness, feeling light headed or becoming faint, stroke, heart attack, joint problems, or other physical problems.
I understand that I am responsible for monitoring my, or my child’s, own condition throughout any exercise and should any unusual symptoms occur, I will cease my participation and inform a fitness instructor, another YMCA professional staff member, or the service center attendant.
I certify that I, my child, and anyone 14 or older, have no physical condition which would prevent me, or my child, from safely engaging in an exercise program and agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the Marion Family YMCA and in particular those of the YMCA Wellness Center.
In consideration for being allowed to participate in exercise programs and activities of the Marion Family YMCA, I agree to assume the risk of such exercise and inherent dangers from exercise and use of the equipment. I hereby release the Marion Family YMCA and its staff members from any and all claims, suits, losses, or related causes of action for damages related to my, or my child’s, exercise program and hold them harmless from anything arising therefrom.
You can download a copy of this agreement by clicking here.
EFT Plan – Rules and Authorization Agreement
- Your monthly draft will be processed on the 1st or 15th day of each month. Financial institutions require that funds be available on the last business day before the draft date.
- You must maintain sufficient funds in your bank account to cover the monthly draft or the bank will treat it as a returned check.
- If you change banks or receive a new card, you must notify the YMCA at least 15 working days prior to your next draft
- If an EFT is returned for non-sufficient funds or a credit card is declined, the YMCA will charge a $30.00 NSF fee. We may collect this fee plus the original amount of the EFT or credit card charge electronically through a third party.
- Your membership will be cancelled by the YMCA with no advance notice if returned dues are not collected within 30 days or if ANY draft is returned ACCOUNT CLOSED or INVALID ACCOUNT NUMBER.
- If the YMCA cancels your membership for unpaid drafts, you may not be eligible to participate in the EFT plan in the future.
- MEMBERSHIP IS CONTINUOUS UNTIL CANCELLED IN WRITING PRIOR TO THE LAST DRAFT DATE. THE YMCA WILL THEN DRAFT ONE MORE MONTH MEMBERSHIP DUES. YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL END 30 DAYS AFTER THIS FINAL DRAFT. TELEPHONE CANCELLATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
- If the YMCA increases membership dues, we will give you advanced notice and continue drafting the new membership rate.
As a member of the YMCA EFT plan, I acknowledge that I have read the above rules and agree to abide by them. You can download a copy of this agreement by clicking here.
Reminder: Once you click on “Submit” you will be forwarded on to our safe, secure online registration process hosted by Daxko.com.