Ohio YMCA’s are Partnering with Governor DeWine to Support Ohio Foster Homes, Kinship
Caregivers, and Bridges Participants to receive a FREE YMCA Membership.
All Ohio certified foster homes, approved kinship caregivers, and Bridges participants are eligible for a 12-month family or individual YMCA facility membership. (Please see important note about funding below in “Cost of Facility Membership.”)
Certified foster homes must prove eligibility once every 12 months by providing both of the following:
• a copy of the family’s current JFS 01213 Notice of Approval for Foster Home showing the family is currently certified as a foster home; and
• a letter from the family’s recommending foster care agency on the agency’s letterhead indicating the family is in good standing with the agency/State of Ohio and indicates one of the below:
o Family has had at least one foster care placement within the past eighteen (18) months; or
o Family is a newly certified foster home within the last six (6) months.
Approved kinship caregivers must prove eligibility once every 12 months by providing a letter from the agency that approved the family on the agency’s letterhead indicating the family is both of the following:
• in good standing with the agency; and
• has a current kinship child placed in the home.
Bridges participants are young adults who have aged out of foster care. Those young adults may or may not have children. If the young adult has no children, just the young adult is eligible for an adult facility membership. If the young adult has children, the young adult and their children are eligible for a family facility membership. Bridges participants must prove eligibility once every 12 months by providing both of the following:
• a copy of the participant’s JFS 01617 Bridges Voluntary Participation Agreement showing the participant is enrolled in Bridges; and
• a letter from the Bridges Grantee on the grantee’s letterhead indicating the participant is currently enrolled in Bridges.
To sign up, stop by the Marion Family YMCA at 645 Barks Road East today!