If you’re not receiving our email and would like to stay updated by email, please complete this form to be added to our email list. Click here
October 15, 2020
Dear Y Member,
I hope you are doing well and staying safe. During the start of the flu and
cold season, below are a few safety precaution reminders.
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety
precautions during their visits:
Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they have
shortness of breath or cough, or any sign of illness. The CDC and state
public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable
populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay
Temperature Checks: All members should take their temperature
prior to coming to the Y. If your temperature is over 100.4, or you
have had a fever in the past 48 hours, please stay home. We will also
ask you to review these five health screening questions upon entering
Bring a Towel, a Mask, and a Water Bottle: Members will be
asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel
services will not be provided). Masks are mandatory when traveling
throughout the facility. Please be sure to bring your mask.
Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only
and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain
at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the
risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc.with the provided cleaning materials.
CHECK OUT OUR NEW CLASSES AND PROGRAM
Kickboxing is Back….
Power Conditioning Kickboxing
A fight-based program with the goals of improving athletic performance,
cardiovascular endurance, speed, strength, agility, techniques and
confidence. In this process you can learn lifelong fitness and movement
Dwayne Whitt M 6:45-7:30pm and W 5:30-6:15pm AS3
Bring your own gloves.
Burn calories while relieving stress. Work on strength and cardio system all at once in this high intensity workout. Class will use bags and gloves.
Angie Lowe We 4:15pm – 4:45pm AS3
Bring your own gloves
Cycle is Back
No complicated choreography with easy to learn techniques. Have fun and
burn some calories in this heart pumping class that is on indoor cycle
bikes. Class can include some off bike cardio and toning.
Michelle Ferguson – M/W 5:15-6:00pm Cycle Studio
Heather Wright – W/F 9:15-10:00am Cycle Studio
Nikki Orlett – T 5:15-6:00pm Cycle Studio
Nikki Orlett – F 5:15-6:00am Cycle Studio
Jenn Daly – Sat. 9:15-10am Cycle Studio
James Craig – M/W 6:15-7:00pm Cycle Studio (Begins November 1)
Sign up on our App or call the Y at 740-725-9622
Balance and Flow I is a new program starting in November
This class will be led by trained instructors who will work with the class
participants to help improve balance and coordination to reduce the risk of
Members only – $17
November 2 – December 18
Jan 4 – Feb 19
- Masks are required except while exercising & for children 9 & younger.
- We’re continuing to ask all members to perform self-screening before entering the building. You can read the screening requirements here.
- Members are asked to remain 6 feet from others unless you are spotting someone. Thank you for your cooperation.
- We’re closed for cleaning Monday through Friday 2:15-3:30 pm.
- Please remember to scan out when you leave the building. We have a scanner just prior to the Wellness Center exit and another scanner in the lobby.
- After using equipment for your workout, please spray the provided towel with cleaner & then wipe the equipment. This is better for the equipment & better for sanitizing than spraying the equipment & wiping off the sanitizer.
- Locker rooms are open for use as restrooms & to change clothes.
- Showers are open Monday through Friday from 5:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- No use of lockers.
- We’ve removed the adult & youth designation of the locker rooms. People of all ages may use either locker room.
- We are disinfecting locker rooms every 2 hours. While we are disinfecting, the locker room may be closed. If the door is locked or sign posted that it’s closed; members will need to use the other locker room.
- We have a deck shower on the 8 Lane Pool deck for swimmers to rinse off before & after swimming.
- We have a new member waiver for all adult members to sign. You can sign it electronically before your first visit to the Y. Link to YMCA Electronic Signature Page
Marion Family YMCA Update Update August 27
Marion Family YMCA Update August 20
Message to members June 10, 2020
Message to members June 4, 2020
Message to members June 3, 2020
Message to members May 28, 2020
Message to members May 27, 2020
Message to members April 28, 2020
Message to members April 27, 2020
Message to members April 20, 2020