School Age Child Care at the Y Grades K through 5
2020- 2021 School Year
Helping elementary school age children reach their potential through fun, achievement and belonging during out of school time.
Program Dates & Times:
• August 19 through May 28. We generally follow Marion City Schools (MCS) and Pleasant Local Schools calendars.
• Before school care: starting 6:45 am until school bus picks up at the Y. MCS will pick up for George Washington & Benjamin Harrison. Pleasant picks up for Pleasant Elementary.
• After school care: until 6:00 pm – Arrival at Y by MCS bus from George Washington & Benjamin Harrison or from Pleasant by Pleasant bus until 6:00 pm.
• Wednesday Care: If MCS is on a hybrid in-school model due to COVID-19, the Y will offer child care all day. There is an additional fee for Wednesday care. Spots are limited and children enrolled in before and after school care have priority.
• Benjamin Harrison (BH) and George Washington (GW) students: transportation from the Y to BH / GW and from BH / GW to the Y is provided by Marion City Schools. Transportation to & from BH / GW is available for students in grades K through 5 only. Parents should inform the school that their child is attending Y School Age Child Care (SACC).
• Pleasant students: The Y building is in the Pleasant School District; parents in Pleasant need to complete a babysitting form in their school office indicating the Y as their pick up / drop off location.
Program Fees: One Time Nonrefundable Registration Fee: $30 per child
• Before School only: $35 per week for Y Members; $42 for Program Participants
• After School only: $54 per week for Y Members; $65 for Program Participants
• Both Before & After School: $77 per week for Y Members; $90 for Program Participants
• Fees are based on a four and five-day school week and will only be adjusted for weeks the Y offers 3 or fewer days of care;
• Fees must be paid the Friday in advance through automatic draft. If opt out of automatic draft, there is an additional $5 fee per child per week.
• Your child is considered enrolled until you withdraw and fees are due regardless of attendance (exception for COVID-19 illness or quarantine).
Fees for Wednesday and other Single Day Care:
The YMCA will provide single day care on Wednesdays if districts(s) are on a hybrid week due to COVID-19. The Y will facilitate classroom learning for students during this time. Please send your child with his or her learning material, laptop or tablet, for the day. The YMCA will require a minimum of 4 registrations in order to offer all day Wednesday Care.
• Wed & Single Day Care for those in before & after care $25 per day for Y Members; $30 for Program Participants
• Wed. & Single Day Care as stand-alone $39 per day for Y Members; $47 for Program Participants
• Single Day Care will be offered on other pre-planned school days off based on MCS & Pleasant calendars with the exception of holidays. We must have at least 6 children registered in advance for each single day of care in order to hold it. Please see the Handbook for the school-year calendar.
Meals: The YMCA will provide an afternoon snack for After School Care. We ask that children in Before School Care have breakfast at their school building. The Y will also provide breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack for Wed. & Single Day Care.
Health Protocols: Health protocols will be in place including daily health screenings, daily temperature checks, limited access to program area by parents, all children & staff will wear a mask. Health protocols are subject to change based on current community conditions and recommendations from CDC, health departments and other experts.
Financial assistance and Publicly Funded Child Care (PFCC): Financial assistance is available for households that demonstrate financial need through the Y’s Membership Discount program. Contact the Y or visit our website marionymca.org.
The YMCA is working with ODJFS to accept Publicly Funded Child Care. We hope to have this service available September 14; however, we cannot guarantee that process will be complete. If you need help applying for Publicly Fund Child Care, please contact Justis Davis. If you need Financial assistance please read the paragraph below.
Registration: Registration is open. Register in person at the Y or online at
marionymca.org/register. After initial registration, parents will need to complete all required registration forms prior to your child’s first day at the program. Parents will receive these forms by email.
More Information: Contact Justis Davis at 740-725-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org