If you have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, or believe you may be at risk for developing the disease,
the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention program can help you develop a healthier lifestyle and work with you to
reduce the risks this condition can pose to your health.
Reduce your chances of developing type 2 diabetes by learning healthy habits in a supportive environment.
This year long program is a weekly one hour session followed by bi-weekly and monthly sessions.
- Reduce body weight by 7%
- Increase physical activity to 150 minutes/week
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25+
- Have certain Lab Values or Diagnosis
- Fasting Plasma Glucose range 100-125mg/dl
- Fasting Plasma Glucose range 110 – 125 mg/dl (Medicare)
- A1C range 5.7– 6.4%
- Lab values within the last 12 month
May qualify through other risk factors
The program is provided at NO-COST for those who qualify and are covered by:
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) retirees under age 65 covered by Medical Mutual
- School Employee Retirement Systems (SERS) retirees under age 65 covered by
- Traditional Medicare
- Some Medicare Advantage plans
- OhioHealth Employees
- Self-pay options available – $429 which includes a year membership
For more information contact Heather Wright at 740-725–9622 or email@example.com.
Begins Thursday February 20 – 5:00 – 6:00pm